DIANA´S INTERVIEW

E&E.inc INTERVIEW


DIANA   DEDIU

Our language assistant




"THE FOOD IS VERY, VERY DIFFERENT"


Diana said that our food is very different; for example, the Irish breakfast consists of sausages, bacon, baked beans, hash brown, mushrooms... But here she only can eat “tostadas con tomate” or “tortilla de patatas” and she usually skips brekfast.

Are high schools different from Ireland ?

‘Yes, first of all, I’m very jealous that you don’t have to wear uniform. You can wear whatever you want, but if you wear a dress code in Ireland, you have to wear a very long, ugly skirt. It’s not great. The education system is very different. I feel like student-teacher relationships here are much closer, but nothing a weird way. In Ireland, it’s a lot more distant. You just do this, there’s not that much      of a relationship. It really depends on the teacher, but from what I’ve seen everyone’s much closer here. For example, you see Jaime on the hallway, when you see me its the same thing’

Is it Spain warmer than Ireland?

Diana told us that Spain is much warmer than Ireland. In Ireland it gets very cold and cloudy and it rains a lot. Also Diana told us that most of  the Spanish people she has worked with throughout her life have always complained about the weather.



Have you visited Madrid? Do you like it?

Yes, I’ve visited Madrid. I have a friend who was in the same class as me, Julia. Shes staying in Madrid, she’s an English assistant as well, but in     a primary school, so I visit her when I can. Madrid is very beautiful, it’s insanely big. When I think of Dublin, it’s tiny, specially the shopping center areas, you know? It’s crazy seeing ‘The Primark’. I think it’s the largest in Europe, it’s so big. I love it.’

Tell us something memorable

I could say Toledo, it was a great experience. going on a class trip, with all of you and to see  all the things or I can say when I went to Malaga, with my roommate, María. It was very nice because we went to see ‘El caminito del Rey’ and it was the most beautiful thing I’ve     ever seen in my life, and I recommend going’



Would you like to come back again?

I would definetely like to come back again, I could never imagine being an English assistant  because I’m very shy by nature. I would always be at the back of the class. If the teacher asked  me a question, I would stutter. I was very quiet,  but this experience has made me feel more confident when I speak with people and has improved my public speaking skills. I want to come back, maybe after I graduate, and it would be really cool seeing everybody a little bit older, but not for this long, maybe 2 or 3 months, for sure’. 

Comentarios

Entradas populares